With the exception of staff coordination and a paid cook, this ministry is VOLUNTEER DRIVEN! Please sign-up to come support this ministry and see firsthand what all the buzz is about! Sign-Up to Volunteer by contacting the director.
Want to know more about what we do?
Check us out on Facebook
What is GAGA Ball? Each week during open gym the Gaga pit is up and open for business! Gaga is a fast paced, high energy sport played in an octagonal pit. The more players the better! Dubbed a kinder gentler version of dodge ball, the game is played with a soft foam ball, and combines the skills of dodging, striking, running, and jumping, while trying to hit opponents with a ball below the knees.
1. All players start with one hand touching a wall of the pit.
2. The game begins with a referee throwing the ball into the center of
3. When the ball enters the pit, the players scream ‘GA’ for the first two
bounces, and ‘GO’ on the third bounce, after which the ball is in
4. Once the ball is in play, any player can hit the ball with an open or
5. If a ball touches a player below the knee (even if the player hits
himself or herself) he or she is out and leaves the pit. If a player is hit
above the knees, the play continues.
6. If a ball is caught on a fly, the player who threw the ball is out.
7. Using the walls of the octagon to aid in jumping is legal as long as
the player does not permanently sit on the ledge of the octagon.
8. Players cannot hold the ball.
9. If needed, a second ball can be thrown in the pit to expedite the end
of the game.
10. The last player standing is the winner of that round.
Adult Faith Group – The Adult Faith Group meets weekly from 6:30-8:00 to study together from October through March. We will meet on April 4 & 19 and May 3 & 17 at 6:30 PM in the library. Our monthly summer meeting date in June, July and August is yet to be determined. We hope that you will be able to join us when we start back on October 5! For additional information, please contact the study leaders.
Ruth Circle meets the first Wednesday of the month at 6:30 p.m. in the church office (from September thru June).